Automation is a boon to humanity because it makes processes simpler, efficient and worth the money you spend. But have you ever wondered about the pros and cons of hiring an outsourced partner that has adopted automation in warehousing services? If not, it’s high time you consider it because it will offer more benefits than you ever thought of. Don’t believe us? Have a look at the following pros and cons before making a final decision.
- Outstanding Output: When you choose to opt for automated warehousing services in India, you will realize that the productivity offered is way better as compared to one which only has manual operations in all the tasks like arranging, sorting, packing and distribution.
- Low Dependence on Manpower: If the outsourcing partner you have selected has automated the processes then you will know that there are fewer people problems as the number of staff members required would be low. The amount of time, effort and money spent in hiring or training staff members will also be quite low which will lead to many cost savings.
- Improved Inventory Management: The accuracy regarding inventory and stock management will also increase due to the use of computer software and digital bar-codes. You will get a clear idea of which of the products are in demand and which are not. This will reduce wastage and situations like lack of stock when the clients really need a product.
- Fewer Mistakes: When everything is dependent on technology, the chances for silly mistakes like sending the wrong products or defective products or putting the wrong products in the wrong sections would reduce because such mistakes would be immediately highlighted.
- Low Maintenance Costs: The costs of maintaining a software are far lower than managing human resources as the costs of maintenance remain steady over the years while employees demand performance appraisals and benefits from time to time.
- Better Space Utilization: With technology, there will be fewer chances of wasting a space as every corner will be perfectly utilized. This means you can store a lot of goods there especially during the peak seasons without worrying about any damage due to overstocking.
- Safe Working Atmosphere: Technology also makes walking, lifting and carrying heavy loads easier for employees. It also reduces the chances of accidents because it specifies which of the products weight how much. It lets the manager decide how many employees will be needed to lift a heavy or delicate item.
Through hiring the services of the best warehousing services provider in India who has automated the processes in a boon but it also has some notable side effects. Don’t worry too much about the side effects as they can be tackled quite easily.
- Change Management: If you are hiring an outsourcing partner who is undergoing the automation process, it’s advised that you wait and let the process be complete before paying for the service because the time when the company is helping the employees adapt to the change might not be very productive and worth your money.
- Costly: Hiring a warehouse that’s completely automated as compared to one that has no technology is obviously a bit more than usual. If the outsourcing partner has invested in advanced technology, you might need to pay for using it too. Not all businesses can afford it, especially small businesses and startups. But if you can afford it, the cost would be worth it.
- Unforeseen Downtime: Technology needs to be upgraded from time to time and there may be unknown errors at times. All these things lead to unforeseen downtime that may delay deliveries and make your customers unhappy. Ensure that it doesn’t happen with you by making sure that the outsourcing partner you are hiring invests time, effort and money in preventive maintenance tasks to reduce the chances of a breakdown.
It is quite clear that hiring an outsourcing partner that provides automated warehousing services in India is a better option. In fact, it’s an asset that you can flaunt to all the stakeholders.